Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quick Prep: Simple Pasta al Pesto



The Simple Prep section is aimed at sharing quick meal recipes. These definitely involve some cooking but many ingredients purchased are preprepared therefore everything in this category should take about 15 minutes or less.

Rather than making my own pesto, I've decided to purchase some fresh pre-made ones. I'm not a big of those in jars thus I recommend ones in small pots found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket. I usually use the one from Whole Foods but local Italian stores also have great ones.

You will need:

Fresh premade pesto


Pasta of your choice



Optional:
  • I like to add a little premium extra virgin olive oil to boost the taste
  • A pinch of salt
  • A dash of black pepper
  • Some Parmigiano cheese!

Instructions:
  • Pour pasta into a pot of boiling water. Add some salt.
  • Remove pasta while it's still a little hard and place into pan.
  • Add pesto and some olive oil and cook for a few more minutes depending on how soft you like your pasta.
  • Season accoridngly!

No comments:

Post a Comment