Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey Review



Recently I purchased this concealer in the hopes of finding a Bobbi Brown corrector replacement that doesn't crease. I absolutely love BB correctors and the shade selection is amazing but it just creases too much and doesn't go with my busy lifestyle. There is so much rave about Nars's new concealer so I decided to give it a try.


Unfortunately, I no longer have the Bobbi Brown corrector so some photo comparisons will just have to do. The lighting is a bit different so the BB one is supposed to be a bit warmer in color. However, as you can see, Honey is a lot darker and pinker. It's not as effective in terms of color correction for my dark under eye circles.

Nars in Honey Top: Straight from tube, Bottom: Blended
Bobbi Brown in Light Peach

However, there is close to no creasing with this one which is what I have hoped for but it really broke me out. I've only had one tiny pimple in my under eye area once before. That was from a really rich eye cream I was testing. I didn't expect my skin to react so badly to this concealer. Within a day, I had about 4 under eye pimples. Later on, I tested this on other parts of my face to see if it's just that area and I broke out everywhere. I guess this isn't the concealer for me.

What I like:
  • Almost no creasing
  • Reasonable price
  • Convenient packaging (except of the finger print magnet handle)
  • Good color selection


What I don't like:
  • It broke me out like no other! I had pimples in my under eye area as well!!
  • Not peachy enough, too dark and pink, not enough color correction

I will be returning this and probably will not buy any Nars face products in a while. The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment