Friday, August 9, 2013

Lancome Ageless Mineral Foundation Review: Best Mineral Foundation



Perhaps the mineral makeup rave is finally over. I'm not crazy about them at all. In the early days, I tried quite a few and didn't get why people loved them so much other than the impact of commercial influence. After a few disappointments, I found my favorite mineral foundation.
Full Product Name: Lancome Ageless Minerale with White Sapphire Complex

The two biggest problems I have with most mineral foundations is that they don't last long enough and the coverage is not high enough. This one solves all these problems. I absolutely love the subtle radiance the soft focus brings and I can easily build the coverage from sheer to heavy-medium. On most days, this would need a little touch up around noon since my oils break out a bit but there is no fading like I would get with other mineral products. The best thing about mineral foundations is that the application and touchups are so fast and easy. You don't have to worry about smudging etc. Bottom line, I feel confident wearing this on a regular summer day.

The products comes in a convenient flat jar with a reliable sieve cover (cough cough Laura Mercier) that makes it a lot easier to travel with. I tend to carry the Sigma F80 around with me for the touchups and I feel that this brush can really get the coverage I needs on those bad skin days and also bring out the glow.

I can't say much about its anti-aging claims but my skin hasn't felt any different. It doesn't look brighter or feels softer. I also don't have lines to cover but I can say that it does a good job of minimizing pores. The best part is that it doesn't shift around on face when I get oily and it doesn't break me out.

In terms of color, it's a little tricky. Things tend to look a little darker than what's in the jar after a bit of wear. I believe this oxidizes just a little bit. Natural Beige 10 was purchased when I was tanned so now it's a lovely soft bronzer. Natural Ivory 30 was purchased in the hopes that it would be a match for my usual skin tone but it's a little dark. I might have to purchase the lightest shade Natural Ivory 10 and see. Number 20 in the same intensity level is too pink based but 10 might be too light. Perhaps I'll end up mixing 10 & 30.

Swatched: left - Natural Ivory 30, right - Natural Beige 10

Blended: left - Natural Ivory 30, right - Natural Beige 10


What I like:
  • Long lasting
  • High coverage
  • Natural finish with soft focus
  • SPF 21 & anti-oxidation
  • Convenient packaging, travel friendly
  • Oil free, talc free & fragrance free
  • Does not break me out

What I don't like:
  • Limited color selection
  • Flashback in photos

This mineral foundation is definitely on the pricier side but it also lasts much longer than most of the other ones out there because there is more in the pot and with a higher coverage, you need less. Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment