Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #1 Review:


I wanted to try this for a long time but there are no Giorgio Armani counters located near by and I wasn't motivated enough to go anywhere further away just to test it out. Due to my recent search for a liquid under eye corrector, I've been testing a whole bunch of products and nothing really impressed me so I placed an order.

There used to be more colors to choose from but since most people don't use correctors, they've narrowed the selection to two colors: #1 Pink and #2 Orange. Strictly speaking, #1 is not a true pink, it's more of a salmon pink. I originally thought that I should get #2 since most of my under eye correctors have been on the peachy side but it's simply too orange and dark in color to really work for someone with my under eye condition and skin tone. If you have really bad under eye circles and slightly darker skin, go for the orange.



I feel that the formulation of this corrector is the best by far. It's incredibly thin and lightweight yet pigmented and long lasting. It also blends like a dream. For once, here's is a product that actually does not settle into fine lines. A little goes a long way with this one and the eyeliner like applicator really helps you control the amount of product you use. The small dot I showed in the swatch is enough for both of my eyes.

Top: from tube, Bottom: blended

Unfortunately, the pink is not as effective as I wished in terms of brightening up my under eyes. I really wanted to use it everyday but the the pink is simply not the right color for my dark circles. Lot's of people swear by it and I can totally see why but unfortunately for me, the colors do not go with my situation. If they come out with more color selection, I will be the first to repurchase!

What I like:
  • Light weight & blends easily
  • Absolutely no creasing
  • Little goes a long way
  • Pigmented
  • Long lasting


What I don't like:
  • Price
  • Limited color selection

No comments:

Post a Comment