Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Essentials: Uniqlo Airism Bra Camisole

It took a while to find the perfect tank top for this summer. For some reason V-necks became more popular than ever and I stick to deep scoop necks when it comes to tank tops. The opening has to be just deep enough to show a little cleavage and show off the decollate. I was originally looking for high quality ones without built in bras since most of these come with a little useless shelf bra. This Airism collection really surprised me.



I first ordered a couple to test out the quality of the material and most importantly, whether I can wear the Bra Camisole on its own. Being 34DD, the average shelf bra is not going to get me very far.

The built in cups really make a difference!n I can't say that you'll get the same support as your bra offers but I can definitely wear this all day without any problems and feel really comfortable. The cups are molded in a way that won't make your breasts look like they are sagging and fuller chested ladies will appreciate the ability to tighten the straps. I think this is a great alternative to wearing a strapless bra underneath tank tops if you are not extremely concerned about support.

In terms of the material, it claims to whip away sweat, keep you dry etc. (all the things sports gear does).  I don't really sweat that much and I spend most of my days in AC rooms so I kind of take their word for it. The fit leans on the loose bodycon end of things since it's a stretchy fabric and they emphasize comfort.  The lighter colors are a little bit sheer as shown the first picture. It's something to think about when pairing with patterns and darker shades. A definite plus is the ease of care. You can toss them into the washer on a cold gentle cycle!

Overall, I really do enjoy wearing these on those lazy summer days. I haven't been able to go outdoors in a shelf bra since middle school. It's a nice to still have that option.

No comments:

Post a Comment