Monday, August 26, 2013

Shu Uenmura Cleansing Oils Review: Fresh, Green Tea & Brightening



This has been a part of my skincare routine since I was in high school. I use it religiously every night and it has made big differences for maintaining the clarity of my skin for it removes the makeup and dirty that your face comes to contact with everyday like no other. This is a brief overview of the three types I've been using throughout the years.


I usually wipe all my makeup off with a MAC wipe and then proceed to further remove all impurities with this. I love the pump, it's super easy to control and one pump alone can cleanse my entire face. The trick is using this is to take a minute or 2 to fully massage the product into your skin while heating it up with your hands. Ensure to rub all areas where makeup is harder to removes such as your eyelashes. Get a tiny bit of water and then rub it all over the areas you have covered with the oil. This turns the oil into a milky and watery consistency. Continue to massage this for a few minutes and rinse.

Not only is this stuff great for proper makeup removal, it also has the ability to loosen clogged pores. I love to use this before I start my pore cleansing ritual. (There will be a blog post on that some time in September).



Fresh (Cherry Blossom):
  • Recommended for people with combination to oily skin
  • Thinnest consistency - easiest to work with if you are new to oils
  • Best waterproof mascara removing abilities
  • Transparent
  • Almost no scent, smells like oil
  • My favorite & best deal for the price when purchased in the big bottle



Please note that the version of Green Tea I have been using is the original one, not the recently updated version.

Anti-Oxidant (Green Tea):
  • Much thicker in consistency
  • Slight green tea scent (think it's natural)
  • Green tint
  • Not very good with waterproof mascara removal (hoping to test out the new one soon)
  • Giving it the benefit of the doubt regarding the anti-oxidizing




Brightening (Plums):
  • Second thinnest consistency out of the three
  • Has a very faint floral-ish/sweet natural scent (like this the most)
  • Transparent
  • Some clarifying properties after 6 weeks of continuous use (nothing impressive, probably should use with rest of the line for best results)

No comments:

Post a Comment