Friday, July 26, 2013

Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray Review: The Original vs. No More Shine




I'm finally reviewing this! I should have done it before the summer started so that everyone can be prepared for the heat and humidity but I figured things are usually better late than never. At last, the item that will save your makeup!

I haven't tired the Urban Decay one but since they are made by the same company and they are pretty much the same in price so I went for the 'original' versions. If you are new to my blog, please read my skin legend to get a sense of where I stand. If you are too lazy, I'm just going to tell you that I have combination skin.

I was really interested in the bridal version but didn't end up getting it since my T-zone does act up and I didn't want too much dewiness. I'm glad I didn't because the original is rather a dewy-natural finish.

The Original:

  • Recommend for normal to combination skin
  • Dewy to natural finish
  • Not as long lasting as the No More Shine
  • Doesn't break me out but may cause a few clogged pores (but it could just be me)
  • Doesn't work well with certain BB/CC creams


No More Shine:

  • Recommended for oily skin
  • Not a true matte finish, more of a natural matte
  • The longest lasting one
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Highly recommend for the summer (combo to oily)

This stuff definitely locks in your make up and personally I think it works better than most primers. No way will it set your makeup for 16 hours but the No More Shine makes my makeup last all day during the summer. I would use the Original more often in the winter months. During the warmer periods of the year, the Original just doesn't seem to work with some of my BB/CC creams. I see a lot of 'floating' just within a few hours. Also, like with most makeup, it doesn't work well when you are sweating a little. However, the No More Shine seems to do a better job.

I tried spraying before makeup application and then afterwards to sort of use it as a primer. It doesn't appear to deliver a significant difference. If any of you know some interesting tricks, please let me know!

In terms of the packaging, it's nothing amazing. A simple plastic pump bottle that adds no excessive weight. However, I have noticed that after a few uses, the pumps starts to look a little crooked. I will let you guys know if that develops into an actual problem.

One regular sized bottle will last you a decent amount of time. I tend to over spray a little at times.....If you get the chance, definitely get yourself a travel sized one. It's great for vacations! Also I love the No More Shine a lot more because it is a little bit more water and perspiration resistant and it prevents your makeup from being smeared by your sunglasses. If you do not have one, you should go out there and get the No More Shine!


No comments:

Post a Comment