Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer in #5 Vanilla Review



This is my reliable heavy duty concealer. It's not heavy duty enough to cover up tattoos or anything but it performs reasonably well without sacrificing too much of the fluid application feel. The last thing you want is a heavy concealer melting off your face on a hot summer day. If you are looking for a super resistant, full coverage concealer to help you survive the hot humid summer days, this is the one!


MUFE offers this in a relatively wide range of colors. However, I have to say that Vanilla is not a perfect match for me. I might have to mix some of this with #6 to make it perfect but it's good enough for most days. They claim that this item is waterproof. No makeup is truly waterproof, it's more about being water resistance. After several of my 8 hour hot summer day tests, humidity tests, and 1.5 hour swimming tests, I can comfortably say that this is one of the most water resistant "consumer level" concealers out there.


It does a good job of covering up my dark circles and any blemishes I might have. The cream is quite pigmented and given it's thickness, a little goes a long way. The thin tip of the tube definitely helps. It offers a lovely matte finish and it's also oil free so I'm not sure how well it will do on dry skins. Matte things are never truly flattering. If you have large pores, I believe this might sink in just a little. I can't really say for lines either but it didn't cause any sort of drastic creasing under my eyes. FYI this concealer photographs relatively well on its own and gives no white cast.

Top to Bottom: Straight from tube, starting to blend, fully blended out

One trade off I have to deal with is its slightly thick and heavy formulation. This has been out for many years and I don't think there has been any updates hence it falls short when compared with the ones with newer formulations. However, I doubt any heavy duty concealer out there is truly lightweight and super easily to blend right now. Perhaps in a few years.

I also have to clean my pores really well after using this because it is more of a summer item and my face tends to get a bit more oily by the end of the day. There are usually a few tiny breakouts whenever I first switch to this concealer from whatever I'm currently using but this is true for most face makeup I use. As the day goes by, it does "float" a little around my nose due to the oils. This is also where newer formulations win (see my Shiseido concealer review).

MAC concealers are just not my thing and I'm not exactly in need of anything that's more heavy duty so this little number has found its place my permanent basket of things. Perhaps there will be something better to replace it in a year or so, but for now, I will always fall back to this if I know a busy summer day is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment