Friday, August 16, 2013

Buxom Full-On Lipstick in London Review



There are a lot of chubby pencil products around these days ranging from eyeshadows to lipsticks. I always liked the idea of convenient all in one products that are great for busy mornings. However, a lot of them can't satisfy all my needs. If certain features are covered, other important ones seem to be always left out. It's hard to get my hands on a well rounded product of this kind. I took a leap with this Buxom lipstick and got it in the lightest shade for my everyday wear.



To be honest, I am rather disappointed. I love the fact that this acts like a liner and a lipstick. The little built in sharpener is also a great touch and it lasts for hours even with lunch in between but it just doesn't give my lips any remarkable effects.

The finish is matte and it's not one of those lovely velvety matte lipsticks. I feel like they can release a few more truly nude colors. London is the lightest pink shade and it's still rather dark compared to my other everyday lipsticks. It's very much a softer Barbie pink. I was tempted to get Nantucket since it looked interesting and I love light peaches but given how things turned out, I won't be going back.



The formula claims to contain vitamins A, C and E to nourish and smooth the lips. A lot of reviewers said that their lips feel great afterwards but this just left my lips extremely dry. I gave it several attempts and I still do not like it. Technology is advanced enough to prevent such kind of dryness. This will be going back.


What I like:
  • Super convenient packaging
  • Easy application
  • Long lasting
  • Lightweight on the lips

What I don't like:
  • Drying
  • Didn't seem any plumping effects
  • Don't like the tingling sensation

No comments:

Post a Comment