Monday, August 12, 2013

L'Occitane Mom & Baby Lotion: A Summer Favorite!



I've mostly used Olay lotions since I go through them rather quickly but lately my skin has gotten a bit drier due to all the shaving and the sun. The heat also makes most average moisturizers a little sticky after application. The problem with pump bottles is that you can't get everything out towards the end and drug store lotions in particular are very sneaky about this. I was really sick of dealing with a pump that will leave out 1/4 of the bottle and it's a pain to get the remaining lotion out. Luckily, I stumbled across this new favorite a few weeks back!



I originally thought that the 15% shea butter body lotion would be great but it left a greasy residue and it's too much for the summer. Upon trying various different ones, this really stood out. It leaves a smoother and softer texture than the regular 5% shea butter lotion and definitely smells a lot better. Since this is designed for babies, I feel that this is probably more gentle on the skin.

This is rather fluid in consistency, making it really easy to massage into your skin but at the same time, the bottle probably won't last as long. Over the weeks, my skin has maintained proper levels of hydration (I have slightly dry legs and used to reapply lotion twice a day). This is by no means a miracle cure to really dry skin (I would suggest the Shea Butter Ultra Rich for that) but it does a great job of keeping my skin healthy looking during the summer. No stickiness and if the pump fails to deliver the remaining lotion onceI'm close to the bottom, I can easily get everything out because this lotion is runny and the bottle is a lot shorter. Hopefully, I won't have to deal with that.


What I like:
  • Thin and quickly absorbed by skin
  • Leaves skin soft and moisturized for the day
  • No residue
  • Smells amazing!

What I don't like:
  • Wish a bigger bottle is available

The smell of this lotion is wonderful. It's a blend of shea butter and baby lotion scents. I can't really describe it since all scents should be smelled in person but it reminds me of early childhood but with a twist of sophistication since they also took mothers into consideration. You won't go around smelling like a kid with this on. I highly recommend it and definitely check it out the next time you are near a L'Occitane shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment