Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 43 Mystere Review



It's been a while since I bought an eyeshadow palette from Chanel. I have to say that the formulation got less chalky and the darker palettes are a bit more pigmented. I've been shopping around for a while, looking for the perfect modern smokey eye palette and came across this one unexpectedly. The Mystere is this fall's limited edition palette and it builds a lovely smokey eye with deep mossy greens and natural taupes.




You either love the Chanel formulation or hate it. I'm not a fan of super pigmented eyeshadows because I like to keep things natural enough for day wear as well so the slightly newer soft shimmers and 80-85% saturation is perfect. I used to dislike these shadows, especially the grey smokey eye palette. They used to be super chalky and the pigmentation was barely there.



A lot of the early blog reviews claim this palette to be muddy and unsaturated. I am rather pale and yellow toned so this works beautifully on me. I have a thing for taupes, especially the cool toned ones and this palette just happens to have two of them! The darkest tone is an interesting mix of brown and green. It's a great color for a full on smokey eye. The lightest highlighting shade is nothing special. It's a sheer eggshell white with shimmer and I usually pop some on the center of my lid. Overall, the palette has a great selection of colors that deviates just enough from the usual smoky eye shades. I really do enjoy using this set and find myself grabbing it regularly.

Under afternoon sun

Everyday lighting



What I like:

  • Long lasting - 6 to 7 hours with no fading
  • Soft shimmers
  • Good pigmentation
  • I will actually use all the colors
  • Great sponge tip applicators


What I don't like:

  • Limited edition
  • Price
  • A little fall out during application



No comments:

Post a Comment