Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation in BO-01 Review: Instant Luminous Skin!


I'm not usually crazy about liquid foundations that do not offer a matte or extremely natural matte finish. So called glowing foundations are rather a turn off because they can look greasy within a few hours. Technology has done amazing things for makeup. Five years ago, dewy foundations where all so overwhelming and now healthy skin foundations are everywhere and they sincerely make your skin look better and above all, natural.
This foundation is by no means new and its formula has not been updated. I first got my hands on it several years ago when it first came out. It did cause quite a rave so there are plenty of reviews on it. I've decided to join in because it deserves to be recognized. I'm not a daily foundation wearer so I only use it on certain days. Some reorganization of my vanity has led me to rediscover how much I enjoy using this.

In terms of shade, Lancome is very pink based and non of the selection in the regular line seems to be a perfect match. I usually get mine when I travel to Asia and the following image shows the special shades they have at airports etc.

From Lilianna on the Upper East Side
The current one I have is in BO-01. It's a bit light for me but I like a sheer coverage and some bronzer makes everything perfect. My true match would be O-03. That was actually my first bottle but they didn't have any in stock when I went to get my second bottle so I settled for the one with a relatively similar base tone. BO-02 is too yellow and PO-03 is a lot pinker in person.

There some things that you should know about this foundation. It claims to be fragrance free but it's not really true. There is a very faint Lancome smell but nothing strong like their skincare. It promises 18 hour hydration. I don't think this foundation can last that long and honestly, I'm don't feel a difference in moisture levels. Maybe someone with dry skin can tell the difference. It claims to diminish redness. Just false. Lastly, it claims to be non-irritating and doesn't cause breakouts. Well, I don't have sensitive skin but I am prone to breakouts when trying new face products. This stuff causes 1 or 2 pimples whenever I return to it but continuous use calms things down.

Top: straight from bottle, Bottom: Blended in

What I like:
  • Beautiful naturally luminous finish - photos do not do it justice!
  • Sheer to medium coverage
  • SPF 15
  • Oil free
  • Doesn't settle into pores
  • Rather long lasting
  • Some oil control
  • Photographs well

What I don't like:
  • Delicate glass bottle - I dropped one and it shattered like no other...
  • Print on bottle disappears rather fast with traveling
  • Limited yellow based color selection in US & Europe
  • Breaks me out a little, 1 to 2 pimples after first use post a long break from it




You need to shake it before each use since there is some separation between the micro shimmer and the rest of the foundation. My camera doesn't quite capture the true beauty of the shimmer. Definitely check it out in person, it's gorgeous!

I personally think that this effect can be achieve using you regular natural or matte finish foundation and  mixing in some high quality illuminator such as Becca. Choosing the right kind of shimmer is essential. It makes such a big difference. However, I have lots of lazy days and this is great for my life style. Sometimes the purchase of a good illuminator along with a foundation can add up to quite a bit, maybe even more than the cost of this foundation. If nothing better comes up, this will always be a staple!

No comments:

Post a Comment