Saturday, July 6, 2013

Some Weekend Blabbering: Sandals, Pores, Dry Feet, Fruits


Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! I'm sure the celebration has continued over to the weekend. Here's is some light reading for those tired and/or hungover awakening hours if you have nothing else to do. Just kidding, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to read my reviews and whatnots.



Where have all the reasonably priced lambskin sandals gone?
I absolutely love lambskin sandals, especially the strappy ones. I know they only last a season but they are super comfortable. Totally blister free. There used to be quite a few items with buttery softness that I could choose from every summer but there seems to be none this year. Well, there are a few around for quite a bit. I will never spend $800 on a pair of sandals unless I think it's a master piece and am planning on using it as home decor. If anyone knows of any decently priced lambskin sandals that look good, please let me know!

Pores, I really need to clean them.
The heat isn't too bad, I actually fully embrace it because of my hatred for the bitter long winters. It's the humidity that makes things difficult to endure. Not only does it make the air really thick and sticky, it also makes my skin act up. I'm not talking about pimples, it's those annoying pore clogging oils that develop over night and take forever to clear out. I need some serious steaming and ample of time in front of my magnifying mirror with extremely unflattering lighting.

Fighting my dry feet.
I just ran out of my Bliss foot cream and won't be able to get some for a few more days so I'm making do with what I have. If you don't have any foot buffing stones around, get a rather finely milled nail file, preferably the metal ones and gently buff away at your dry patches. It works extra well right after a shower once your feet are all dry. I swear it does wonders. Slap on a good amount of cream afterwards.

Fruit fiend.
This refer to me but also Leo. I absolutely love fruits and summer is the ultimate season. I've been spending some time at home for the past few weeks where there are plenty of great fruits to choose from. My goal is to consume as much as I can so I don't feel so deprived when I return to where I work.  I swear there are no fruits there and out of the few types that are available, they taste horrible. I think it has to do with the climate, soil and most importantly, genetics. GMO's just don't taste as good. Unfortunately, the majority of the produce in the States are all modified. Organic really doesn't mean much when things have changed for worse from the core. Maybe I'll start juicing to compromise for the poor performance of a fruit alone and blend things...
I will do a little profile post on Leo soon. You will discover that he is a very strange dog. He loves fruits just as much as meat, maybe sometimes even a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment