Friday, July 5, 2013

Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Therapy La Source Review



I am big about using hand creams. All the time. There is a giant bottle by my sink, a travel sized tube in every single bag and numerous tubes all around the house. I like to keep one by my nightstand, on my desk, somewhere near the living room sofas etc. Bottom line, I can't live without hand cream and I am very picky about which ones I use.
Personally, this is more of a warm weather hand cream. It's definitely not hydrating enough for the harsh winters. I feel like there isn't much moisture penetrating the skin and also, the layer that sits on top won't do much for your skin either if there is some wind. On the other hand (no pun intended), this makes a good choice for the hot summer months given you haven't gotten any skin damage from the sun.
My tube of cream bursted after a few uses. Perhaps the bottom wasn't rolled and secured properly. As you can imagine, there was quite a bit of a mess. Overall, I'm not amazed by this.

What I like:

  • Contains antioxidants including vitamin E
  • Simply formula, no weird ingredients
  • More lightweight than most


What I don't like:

  • Not moisturizing enough
  • Packaging is not secure
  • Not a fan of powdery spa like scent

I wouldn't recommend this particular one by Crabtree & Evelyn for the colder months. I still haven't tried the other ones to see if they are pretty much the same in formulation or not. However, I am hooked on my favorite hand cream so I might not try any. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment