Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: Favorite Pore Cleansing Mask


I am big about pore cleansing because I suffer from clogged pores in my T-zone. From blackheads, and white heads to barely there clogging. They are all my enemies. Due to my skin type, it's a constant battle, probably for life. A proper cleanse this week will be eagerly followed by newly clogged pores the next. There is no end to this. However, over the course of this time, I have found several effective products that will help you through the process. The Origins mask is one of them.

I like to do the mask more or less on a weekly basis and apply it a little after a steamy shower so there isn't much perspiration to intervene with things or open up my pores with some steaming. Unlike most people, I enjoy using a slightly thicker layer to really cover all the areas properly.

Just applied
It has no particular scent except for a very faint and natural clay/mud smell. Everything about it is effective and manly enough that my hubby uses it regularly as well. I leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, mainly depending on when I see some dryness appearing.

Ready to remove

Unfortunately this is a little hard to wash off. Using warm to hot water will definitely help along with some rubbing at the hard to get areas with a muslin cloth. It's not that bad but it requires a little patience to get everything off. I would always follow with a detailed pore cleansing regimen after this since it loosens all the clogging quite nicely.

What I like:

  • Loosens severe clogging
  • Cooling sensation
  • Calms the skin & leaves it soft
  • Convenient & mess free tube packaging
  • Slight brightening effect


What I don't like:

  • Hard to wash off
I definitely recommend this product. It's a great addition to your pore cleansing routine so grab a sample if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment