Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Guerlain Parure Pearly White Brightening Foundation Compact SPF 20 PA++ in 01 Beige Chic White Review


I'm always on the look out for a good compact powder foundation that can top the MAC Studio Fix. By all means I love the MAC except for the fact that it's a little too dry and matte. I hope for something that has a bit more dimension to the formula. This Guerlain one caught my eye a while back when it first came out in the early 2000's and probably is the first powder foundation I've used. During last summer, I purchased another one while traveling to Asia to give it another go and see if anything has changed.




I meant to post this a while back but due to my long hiatus, I never got around to it. Right now seems to be the perfect season. I got this in a slightly darker shade than my current skin tone given I had a bit of a tan. Unfortunately, this is a little too dark for my skin right now given the miserable winter I've endured. Anyways, this is the Asian edition of the Parure. It comes in a silver case instead of a gold along with a silver pleather sleeve. This double decker is hefty in the hand and comes with one of the best makeup sponges you can get with a compact. I guess for its steep price, you should except one. I absolutely love how big and clear the mirror is. It really puts all my other compacts to shame.


There are two versions of this compact and I got the one with the highlighter strip. There are two ways to use this: you can directly apply the skin toned power and then highlight certain features or mix the two for a more luminous and brightened look. The flesh colored part is a sheer and matte powder whereas the highlighting strip has a glow to it. It's not shimmery or iridescent but it's luminous.

What I like:
  • Convenient and high quality packaging
  • Great highlighting/illuminating powder
  • Lightweight & finely milled
  • Some oil control & relatively long lasting

What I don't like:
  • Sheer coverage that's difficult to build up
  • Limited availability
  • Price

I'm more of a full coverage powder foundation type of person so this one is only ok if I use it as a foundation. However, I love it as a setting powder for BB creams etc. The illuminating strip is also great as a pick me up during the day & after long flights so that I can brighten any areas that have become dull. Bottom line, this range is great for pale skin, people with rather good skin who are looking for some brightening effect along with sheer coverage, and anyone looking for a great setting powder/lightweight touch up powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment