Sunday, June 1, 2014

IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning Review: SKII Essence Comparison


It has been half an year since my last post update. I apologize for abandoning this blog for so long. The so called Daily Dose initiative has turned into a biannual one. Some important changes have taken place in my professional life. I have relocated to a new city and will be facing new challenges at a different job that should be slightly less stressful but again, it's challenging in different ways. Luckily, I have some time off during this summer before the hectic phase begins once more. Meanwhile, I will be able to maintain more frequent and steady updates.

I have found a new love. Ever since I started using the SKII intensive care toners or whatever they are supposed to be classified as have made a permanent spot in my skincare routine. They are absolutely refreshing and effective at helping my skin restore its conditions overnight. A few years ago, I splurged on a bottle of SKII Essence and have been using it everyday since. There a few Asian brands that have launched products in this category that claims to do similar things. I never really wanted to try any since I am so pleased with the SKII Essence and believe it's worth the price. In the beginning of 2014, I was gifted the IOPE Deep Conditioning, which is produced by Amor Pacific. IOPE is the slightly pricier and more scientific feeling brand within the giant company portfolio.


After constant use for two months, I can say I have seen evident results. My skin has not been well looked after for a while. I was staying up really late everyday, eating processed foods with who knows what in them and lastly, my hormones have been experiencing some sort of imbalance due to all the longterm stress. Bottom line, my skin has been rather poor. I had redness, dry patches and frequent breakouts.

Following the instructions on the box, I apply a small strip of the toner onto the matching cotton pads and apply it all over my face and neck after washing my face at night. On the first morning, I saw instant improvements. My skin was significantly less red and there appeared to be more clarity/translucency. Continuous use has helped my skin recalibrate and control the breakout of hormonal pimples. After two months of continuous use, the results have persisted and it's really not just a three-day thing. I feel that my skin is much better balanced and softer to the touch. One thing to note is that the level of skin translucency goes away quite easily if I am not fully rested the night before and it's best to alternate this product with SKII Essence either half way through a bottle or when you have finished one.

I have completely emptied the bottle and I will definitely be purchasing more. Unfortunately, this item is a little difficult to get hold of. You can find it on eBay and wait for shipping from Korea or Hong Kong. Some Korea cosmetic websites and large stores also carry them in the States but stocks are limited. 


Brief SKII Essence Comparison


I feel that the SKII Essence addresses slightly different issues than the IOPE Deep Conditioning. Perhaps the SKII is better suited for slightly more mature skin where as the IOPE appears to be more effective on younger skin with imbalance problems. Perhaps the IOPE could be described as an amped up version of SKII Essence + the wonderful Clarifying Lotion. The SKII is also a bit more nourishing/ moisturizing but both leave the skin feeling soft and plump. Price wise, the IOPE is much more affordable but not exactly cheap. There is limited availability in the States so prices will vary depending on where you get it. Thus far, I am extremely pleased by what it has done for my skin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment