Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G.Fallen from the Lipstick Tree in Bitch Perfect Review



Being a big makeup fan, of course I had to try the Charlotte Tilbury line. Her team did a great job of creating lots of hype and anticipation around the release of her makeup line. Perhaps people in the States who are less interested in makeup are not as familiar with these products since they are currently available in the U.K. and no where else. I ordered a bunch of stuff online (via her website but you can also purchase the items from Selfridges). Unfortunately, the Magic Cream and foundation were not available for delivery to the U.S. due to complications with SPF regulations. I believe eventually the SPF will be approved for shipping to the U.S. I am still plotting about getting some of that Magic Cream through a trip to London….



Anyways, despite the rather large collection of products, the lipsticks caught my eye first. To be honest, I originally wanted to buy this specific lipstick because of the name. It's simply very me. To color is actually something I wear on a daily basis. It's very similar to my natural lip color but slightly pinker and more vibrant. I think of this as a more awake YSL Rouge Pur Couture #6. I had a hard time capturing the true color of this lipstick. It's basically a medium pink with a blend of tawny nude undertones that makes it more natural.

In weak daylight.

The lipstick comes in a vintage inspired rose gold packaging and has truly become a staple in my bag. It has a vanilla like scent and is heavier in weight than most of the new formula lipsticks but it has really opaque color pay off and stays on until lunch time (like most lipsticks for me). Under strong sunlight, the formula has some sort of micro iridescence that gives it a nice shine on the lips. In a way it feels like an amped up traditional lipstick that offers a lovely sheen and additional moisture.

This swatch is closer to the actual color.



I am in love with this lipstick and am already considering getting the Nude Kate version!

No comments:

Post a Comment