Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Hair Removal: Bikini Area & Underarms


I love white/cream bikinis. They just look absolutely gorgeous against tanned skin but they are also difficult to wear because most often you have to be bare down there for everything to work out. Let's be honest, I hate waxing/shaving down there. It's such a tricky and problematic area. The same problems tend to show up in the underarm region as well. Here are some tips I've gathered over the years of bikini wearing.



The Bikini Area

If you are brave, then go ahead and make a waxing appointment. I am clearly not and I either trim or shave the region. I recommend using either a bikini trimmer or a simple pair of cosmetic scissors with slightly curved blades. These things are easy to use and can get to all the hard to reach regions as well. Face the convex side of the scissors towards your bikini area so that you won't hurt yourself.
If trimming is not a solution then try shaving. I used to be a big believer in purchasing expensive razors but this one proved me wrong. I highly recommend Noxzema Bikini Shaver because it doesn't cause bumps and does a wonderful job of gently clearing the area despite having only one blade.
Ensure to shave in the direction that the hair grows to prevent ingrown hairs and irritation. It's always good to foam up the area with some soap or shaving cream before you start. After you are done, make sure to apply some calming aloe gel or Bikini Zone Gel. Since the area has sensitive skin and it is now bare, make sure to use a little baby powder on a daily basis to reduce friction and irritation.


Underarms

This area is a little bit less sensitive than the bikini area so waxing and epilating are relatively good solutions. For those of you that don't want to deal with pain and ingrown hairs, using a good razor is essential. I highly recommend men's razors or ones with 5 blades. My favorite one is the Gillette Fusion Proglide Fusion Power but the Gillette Venus Embrace is also great. I would treat this area the same way as you would treat the bikini after shaving, especially if you have sensitive skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment