Thursday, June 27, 2013

Kiehl's and Redken Volume & Body Review: The Search for the Perfect Shampoo & Conditioner


I suffer from an oily scalp and dry tips. Since my hair is long, everything is totally weighed down within a day and lays flat against my head. A little volume at the roots makes a drastic different to your hairstyle and I'm not big of using additional styling products. Since I'm rather busy throughout the week, any extra time can I spare will not be spent on styling my hair. Thus I keep on searching for the perfect shampoo and conditioner set that will give my roots some lasting volume while moisturizing the dry ends.

Redken Body Full Shampoo and Conditioner


Perhaps my expectations for this set was too high. I heard so many good things about Redken but this Body Full range is just average. Maybe these were the wrong introductory products to use. There is nothing horrible about them but there is no wow factor other than the lovely wheat/cotton extract scent that I'm in love with.

What I like:

  • Lightweight products
  • Wonderful scent
  • Some volume at roots for half a day
  • A little shine


What I don't like:

  • Not exactly moisturizing enough
  • Didn't deliver anything close to 2X volume as promised, not even 1X
  • Volume is not long lasting enough
  • Price


Kiehl's Rice and Wheat Volume Shampoo and Conditioner


This range is a little better in terms of providing some volume and moisture but still nothing that's really worth a rave. The scent is rather similar to the Redken but not as divine which is a pity. I feel that the effects this range delivers is a bit more long lasting as well.

What I like:

  • Lightweight
  • Scent
  • Offer some volume for an entire day
  • Some shine


What I don't like:

  • Not moisturizing enough but better than Redken
  • Volume is not long lasting enough
  • Price

I am on the search for the ultimate all in one hair care range that will target all of my issues while providing shine etc. It's a bit of a stretch but since everything in beauty is being amped up with new formulations, it's not impossible to eventually see a perfect products on the shelves. I have to continue with my search and already has my eyes on another range. Will return with another hair review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment