Friday, June 14, 2013

Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Body Set Review: Can't Get Enough


I came across a simple Fresh Fig set last summer and fell in love with the scent. I recently repurchased some of my favorites out of the collection and decided to rave to you guys.

I'm not a big fan of really sweet smells such as Angel and Flowerbomb. They are a bit too overwhelming and almost exhaustive for me. The Laura Mercier body collection is all food based and of course rather sweet. What attracted me to them was their lovely pastel shades. The Fresh Fig collection is probably the least sweet out of them all and it absolutely smells divine!

It's rather hard to describe the scent so I'm going to quote what Laura Mercier says about it. 

"Indulgent essence of fresh Celeste Figs mingle with a dewy fruit bouquet of Apricot Nectar and sensuous Ylang Ylang to create a rich, luxurious scent, unlike any other. Smooth, creamy notes have a soft sweetness, while the subtle green, earthy elements add an unexpected twist."

I love the soft sweetness accompanied by the earthy base notes. It's fresh and fun without being too light.


Fresh Fig Hand Creme

I'm quite picky about hand creams because I use them all the time. It's one of those things that I always carry around with me regardless of the season. This one is very moisturizing and I can feel the protection last until the next time I wash my hands. Not only do my hands become super soft, they smell amazing. I kind of go around looking like a weirdo sniffing my hands. 

Fresh Fig Creme Body Wash

This is a lovely body wash that lathers up well and a little goes a long way. I love how the scent fills the bathroom and actually lingers on my skin for a good while afterwards. Like most shower gels, they don't really moisturize my skin and I've tried a lot of them. This one does a decent job but it's nothing amazing. So far, I've only found St. Ives Shea Butter Body Wash to more or less moisturize my dry skin. I guess that's what body lotions are for. I love the Fresh Fig one for its scent and when combined with a nice long steamy shower, it really helps me relax and unwind. 

Fresh Fig SoufflĂ© Body Creme

This stuff is divine! I have dry skin and this does a wonderful job of moisturizing my legs and any dry areas. It also keeps them well nourished for about a day which a lot of body lotions fail to do. Do I have to say anymore about the scent? I think this is the star product out of the collection.


I love baths but they are simply too time consuming so extended showers are my favorite. This lifestyle makes any of the wonderful bath items from this collection rather unpractical thus I can only highly recommend these three. By all means, the bath honey and scrub are amazing but I just don't have time for those. I think I might go back and get the Fresh Fig Eau Gourmande!


No comments:

Post a Comment