Friday, June 21, 2013

First Day of Summer!


Summer solstice is finally here! I've been waiting for summer to come all year long. Growing up in a rather warm climate has made the cold absolutely unbearable. Worst of all, I moved to a place where winter seems to linger for more than half of the year. You can imagine my joy at the first wave of this season's heat!

Yes, summer gets too hot and everyone is basically sweating all the time but I much prefer the heat than the cold because weirdly enough, it gives me so much energy. I love the bright sunshine and the splashing of the waves that has been warmed up by the sun. Summer is also a time that reminds me of good old vacations from my childhood.
I can't say enough good things about summer and all the things that come with it. This will probably be one of the few positive posts I'll do for the next year or so because the rest will be me complaining about bad weather and the cold :P
Happy summer solstice everyone! Go outside and enjoy the beautiful day~

No comments:

Post a Comment