Thursday, June 20, 2013

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in BG 906 Review



This another really late review. Those of you who are Shu fans would definitely know that the packaging for these lovely lipsticks has already changed. I still prefer the old packaging. The completely see through tubes make this range very unique and give it a particular clean feel. No worries, the formula is still the same!

I picked this up a while back when I was still exploring nude lipsticks. You can read about the final winners here. This particular lipstick purchase is not a mistake but the shade choice definitely is. BG 906 is a medium nude with no hints of pink or peach. Something I would call a pure nude or a honey nude. Since I am relatively pale, this made me appear extremely unhealthy. I looked like I was suffering from malnutrition and desperately needed some rest.


This shade will probably look gorgeous on people with a darker skin tone and flatter the complexion. However, if your are more or less the same shade as me, definitely skip this color!

What I like:
  • Moisturizing & creamy
  • Wide color selection - lots of beautiful everyday colors
  • Easily adjustable sheer to heavy pigmentation
  • Lovely sheen


What I don't like:
  • Not very long lasting (3-4 hours)
  • This color doesn't suite me
I will definitely be picking out a few other shades and perhaps even try the Supreme Shine collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment