Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in #2 Coffee Review: My Go-To Eyeliner


A good eyeliner pencil will make your daily makeup routine fast and easy. This one is smooth and pigmented with long lasting powers. I also love the built-in smudger that allows me to create different looks while on the go.
I don't wear black eyeliner pencils very often since they are a bit intense and my eyes already look quite strong. A cool toned dark brown is my usual everyday choice but sometimes I would also use a gunmetal grey (more on that in another post). I tend to line the top of my eyes and 1/3 of the bottom. This color really opens them up and make me look wide awake.

Top to Bottom: Swipe, Smudged
I usually blend out the bottom to create a softer look and feather out the top to get that slight cat eye fling. The formulation allows about 40 seconds to 1 minute for you to work with the product before everything stops budging. I feel that if you have oily lids, this might transfer a little since the formula is quite soft. I also do not line my waterline or do any tight lining therefore I'm not sure how these will do. However, I have gone to the pool with this on it does does pretty well!


What I like:
  • Soft & smooth
  • Relatively long wearing
  • Good color payoff
  • Comes with a smudger
  • Doesn't irritate my eyes (although they are not too sensitive)

What I don't like:
  • Small color selection
  • Fades a little after 6 hours but lasts for 12 hours with no other problems
  • A little stiff during the winter

I'm pretty sure that there are better eyeliners out there but I think within this price range and out of the ones that come with a built-in smudger, this is one of the best choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment