Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dior 5 Couleur Eyeshadow Palette in 030 Incognito Review: Office Makeup Colors

This is an old item that's been around for more than 10 years. The exact color combination still remains the same because it's such a classic palette consisting of highly wearable everyday colors. This is something that is not for those of you who are into highly pigmented eyeshadows, it's for those who want a natural and fail proof look. 


I highly recommend this set for professionals working in a conservative environment or anyone who enjoys wearing a soft natural look. 


I would say that there is one true matte color, the peachy pink. It's a lovely base color for a more completed look and if you wish to add some warmth to your lids. The skin toned yellow appears to be somewhat matte but it does have a super subtle sheen. I tend to use this as a blending color since it's rather close to my skin tone. The lightest color is a muted white/eggshell white with a sheen. This makes the perfect natural highlighting color for that pop on the center of the lid, under the eyebrows and near the inner tear duct. 


The two darkest shades are the pewter taupe and medium warm brown. Both have a lovely subtle sheen to them making whatever looks you create suitable for day time without compromising dimension. I absolutely love pretty taupes and pewters and this happens to be one of the nicest light ones I own. This little number also happens to be the most used shade of the palette. I like to apply this in the outer corner and given my socket some definition.
The brown is a little too warm for my liking since I have a thing about only using cool toned browns.
As you can see in the swatches, you can't really mess up with this palette. The shades are soft and blend well so it's a great choice for beginners.



What I like:
  • Convenient packaging
  • Beautiful & natural everyday colors
  • Smooth & finely milled
  • Soft sheen
  • Blends well

What I don't like:
  • Price
  • A little powdery/dry
  • Not super long lasting (about 4 hours of wear without fading - no primer)
Like most palettes, I find myself using 2 or 3 of the colors more often than the others. There are always a few that get left out. I have yet to find a preassembled palette with colors that I love equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment