Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dior Hydra Life Sorbet Eye Cream Review

I have a thing for gel facial moisturizers so I've decided to extend outwards and try a few other types of products that have a similar consistency. The obvious choice would be to test out a gel eye cream. I used the Hydra Life face gel a while back and thought that the collection's eye cream wouldn't be a bad choice.


The product itself is a semi-transparent white gel cream/sorbet that becomes transparent once spread out. It's rather lightweight and very refreshing upon application. I would definitely recommend putting this in the fridge for some extra kick. Be aware that it does have a very faint floral scent that quickly disappears after application. Those of you with sensitive eyes or skin should take that into consideration.

I can't tell you much about its anti-aging properties and puffiness reducing abilities since these are things I do not have to deal with right now. It is a lovely formula that provides sufficient amounts of moisture during all seasons but it doesn't due much for my dark circles. Yes, they are more or less genetic but certain eye creams do reduce their darkness on sleepless nights. This one doesn't.

I use this as a night cream for regular evenings. I switch to a more potent eye cream for nights where I know I won't get much rest. There will be a post on that later. I mainly use this for its moisturizing and protective properties.

I really do not like the packaging. It looks nice and feels hefty in my hand but that's about it. The jar has a very small opening and the rest of it extends to the sides at a sharp angle so it's very hard to scoop out the rest of the product. It does come with a spatula but it becomes less effective as you go through the pot. Perhaps this is done on purpose to reduce costs and boost sales.

What I like:
  • Moisturizing
  • Lightweight
  • Cooling
  • Absorbes rather quickly

What I don't like:
  • Doesn't do anything for dark circles
  • Poor jar design

I will not be repurchasing this particular item from the collection in the near future because even though it is a good eye cream, it doesn't really do what I want it to. I need a night eye cream that will fight my dark circles. Perhaps I'm not at the right age to enjoy its full benefits.

I am tempted to try their hydration mask. It appears to be a good choice for long flights and harsh winters. We shall see, but first I need to find another good eye cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment