Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Stick Concealers Review: Touch Up On the Go


I was a big fan of stick concealer for years due to my super high paced life. Now that things have mellowed down a little, I gave them a rest but I still carry one in my bag at all times. They are perfect for touch ups on the go due to their slim packaging, light weight and mess free formula. You simply can't mess up with these.



YSL Anti-Cernes Multi Action Concealer in #2 Nude Beige ($35)


I personally found this to be a bit dry on the skin, especially for under the eyes. It also claims to have light diffusing properties but I did not see any of that. It's not a bad concealer but I think there are much better ones out there for the price.
In addition, this concealer comes in the old YSL packaging which has a tendency to start losing the gold color pretty soon after a weeks in your bag.


Chanel Estompe Eclat Correcting Concealer in #10 (Discontinued)


The review for this product may not be very helpful since Chanel discontinued this product. I believe they no longer offer any kind of stick concealers and replaced it with a few doe foot applicator/ highlighter pen ones. I feel that this is a relatively good product. It's just creamy enough and lasts about 6 hours with proper powdering. The packaging is among one of the lightest and slimmest. It also used to come in a green corrector color which helps with redness. This was my designated under eye stick.


Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick in #2.5 Warm Sand ($24)



This was once called Blemish Cover Stick and that formula contained pimple easing ingredients. I like the new formula equally as much since now I have much less break outs than before. I used to only use this for my pimples. Like all Bobbi Brown face products, the formula felt very rich and moisturizing on the skin. This helped with the dry skin on top of recovering pimples. Now that they have revamped this product into a more multi-purpose concealer, I feel that it could work well for the under eye area if you have dry skin. The problem I've had with this one is that it doesn't last a long as I would like it to but that's generally the tradeoff with creamy concealers.


Top to Bottom: YSL Anti-Cernes Multi Action Concealer in #2 Nude Beige, Chanel Estompe Eclat Correcting Concealer in #10, Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick in #2.5 Warm Sand


No comments:

Post a Comment