Sunday, May 26, 2013

Poudre Signee De Chanel Illuminating Powder Review: My Favorite Powder Highlighter

Sometimes you just hate limited editions because it's impossible to get hold of any when you feel like it. This particular one is pretty worth the frustration though. I just don't know where I'll be able to get another one once I run out. The optimistic approach is to believe that someone will come out with an even better one in the near future.

I know that I'm really behind on this review but I still think it's a worthwhile post to share. I believe this has become my favorite powder highlighter! It's like natural candlelight in a compact. I have a big thing for candlelights for they remind me of relaxing bedtime, romantic dinners and they also make photos look lovely.
A lot of the highlighters out there are a bit too harsh. This one is super finely milled and has the perfect tint of rose and gold to blend in with your skin. I love the fresh youthful look the model has. She is obviously wearing makeup but it's natural and glowing. There is no sparkle involved with this one, just a natural glow.


Like all Chanel compacts, this came in a velvet pouch except this time the construction is a bit more elaborate. It has a flap that can be secured with a rubber band and there is a pocket for the sponge tip applicator. After a few tries, I think this powder works best with the wide sponge tip applicator in terms of both precision and blending.



What I like:
  • Soft focus natural effect - very photogenic
  • Finely milled soft texture
  • Ease of application
  • Convenient packaging


What I don't like:
  • Limited edition
  • Price is a bit high
  • Doesn't last very long

Top to Bottom: Heavily swatched, one swipe, blended

I'm not exactly sure how this will do on darker skin tones, it might leave a slightly white cast...
This product also requires some touching up. If I apply it in the morning, I would need to reapply a little after noon. I guess that's the problem with natural looking highlighting powders.

No comments:

Post a Comment