Monday, May 27, 2013

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation Review: Best Summer Foundation

Sometimes you just don't want to wear anything on your face on a hot summer day because everything feels sticky and unpleasant. However, if you are looking for that perfect summer skin look, this foundation with extra high SPF may be the solution to your problems. It provides ample coverage and lasts for the entire day (even beach day)!

Everything about the packaging screams summer and travel-friendly. The foundation comes with an application sponge in its own little case and the product itself has a super convenient little bottle. I discovered this foundation by accident several years ago and it has become a summer must have ever since.
It has a lovely dewy finish and the high SPF doesn't seem to create much of a white cast when using flash photography. I love how correct their marketing phrase is. It actually bothers me when foundations claim to be waterproof. This is indeed a very water resistant product. I've worn it to the pool and the beach multiple times and it has lasted throughout the entire time. It's not exactly perspiration resistant, but it's definitely longer lasting than most foundations I've used. There is also minimal 'floating' after 5 hours of wear due to my oily T-zone.
In terms of color selection, it's not too broad since it's a Japanese brand. Most colors are geared towards lighter shades. I usually use SP30 and when I'm a bit tanner, I would mix in some SP40. (If you are new to my blog, please see my skin legend post for this to make more sense).
Many people say that this provides full coverage but I feel it's a little hard to achieve that. I would say you can easily go from sheer to heavy medium coverage. It's not quite full coverage. I usually apply this with my fingers but for a heavier coverage and longer lasting look, I would suggest to really dab the product in with the sponge. Remember, a little goes a long way with this one. Don't overdo it.

Top to Bottom: SP30, SP40


What I like:
  • Lightweight
  • Fresh and natural dewy finish
  • Long lasting
  • High SPF
  • Good coverage
  • Blends easily
  • Very water resistant
  • Relatively perspiration resistant
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Bottle is great for traveling

What I don't like:
  • No oil control - I would suggest to powder up of you are oily or don't like the dewy finish


Slightly blended out

Unlike most foundations, this one is a little hard to get hold of. Even if you do find it at the counter, a lot of the times they do not have all the shades in stock. I usually order it from Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment