Friday, May 31, 2013

Kiehl's Superbly Smoothing Argan Conditioner and Hair Pak Review


I'm always searching for better hair products and I'm a big believer in starting from the basics such as shampoo and conditioner. Recently, I've been using the Argan set and it has yielded some lovely results. Even though my hair is more fine than coarse, this set has made it super smooth and tame.

This set was very much an unexpected buy. My hair is not coarse or fizzy thus "smoothing" has never really been a key selling point for me. The conditioner is of a lotion like consistency and the packaging is quite travel friendly. The hair mask is a little denser and the product has a mauve tint to it. Like most Kiehl's products, these don't have a strong added scent. It smells rather natural, perhaps it's the argan. Both products are super easy to rinse and my hair becomes detangled enough for some combing. I wouldn't say my hair is super shiny after use but it definitely has a nice sheen. Personally, I think you don't necessarily have to have both products. They are quite similar in formulation and the results are also quite similar with the mask producing slightly better results. Even though the mask is more of a weekly thing, you can definitely use it very time you wash your hair.


What I like:
  • Smooths away my fly-aways
  • Adds softness and some shine
  • Doesn't weigh my hair down
  • Silicone & paraben free formula


What I don't like:
  • Not as moisturizing as I would like
  • Doesn't really restore suppleness

These are definitely nice products but I'm not sure if I'm getting the full benefits since they don't really target my conditions. I believe they would work great for someone with coarse and wild hair. Once again, I'm on the search for the perfect hair products.

No comments:

Post a Comment