Friday, May 31, 2013

MAC Sculpting Powder in Sculpt and Shadester Review: All Purpose Splash of Color


I love contouring products because they are very multi-functional and make a significant difference to your look. When I pick one, I want it to be a contouring powder, a bronzer and a blush. Sculpting the face should not be its only function. For over 5 years, I find myself constantly picking up this one.


These now come in a pot with a magnet on the bottom. There was once the option of buying them in compacts and I wish they still did since not everyone carries a big palette with them everywhere. I now place these in old MAC compacts that have mirrors for on the go convenience.

Sculpt is my to go color. It's a neutral taupe-like shade that comes off as a warm cheek color on my cool skin tone. When I blend it out, it appears that I have layered on some bronzer and a faint cheek color as well. This makes my busy mornings a lot easier!
Shadester is a yellower terracotta color that is too dark for me right now. I believe I got this when I was a NC30 one summer.

My skin is very sensitive to new skin products of any kind so I would consider this to be a good product for it doesn't break me out. However, there is always the occasional blocked pore which I don't think I can escape from for the rest of my life.

Top to Bottom: Sculpt, Shadester

What I like:
  • Perfect combo of bronzer, blush & contour
  • Relatively long lasting
  • Doesn't break me out


What I don't like:
  • Wish there is still a compact option
  • Can be a little blotchy if I don't blend well/apply powder before


No comments:

Post a Comment