Sunday, May 19, 2013

Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer in 02 Brunettes Review


Guerlain's Terracotta collection has been around for a while and I wanted to try something comprehensive that really represents the collection in one compact. Indeed did this meet my expectations!



The four colors come in a beautiful hefty magnetic compact along with a brown velvet pouch. The concept behind this palette is to have one bronzer for the entire year. The lightest color would be the one you use in the winter and you can adjust accordingly through the seasonal changes. You can mix all of the shades together or any two of them. It'a a very versatile concept geared towards chic minimalism.




I'm afraid that this palette is too dark for me right now. Due to my pale skin, I can only sport the top two shades. Maybe if I really worked on my tan I could actually use the entire palette. I would have gone for the lighter 01 Blonde palette if it wasn't so red/pink based. Ideally, the 00 Nude palette would be the best match right now but it wasn't available at the time.

Excuse my dry skin. Top to Bottom: starts with lightest shade and goes clock-wise.

The powder is not matt or shimmery. It's a lovely natural velvety texture. The compact does have this floral scent. It might be overwhelming for those of you who prefer scentless products but I really do love it. The powder is very finely milled and blends beautifully. I like to use MAC 109 or Tom Ford Cheek Brush with this for a slightly more precise application. Of course, it also looks great with a large fluffy brush. There is no need to worry about it looking patchy because it applies well on top of most face products. After a few days of wear, I feel that this is also a reliable item that will last for the entire summer day.

Terracotta 4 Seasons is a wonderful product that can create either super natural tans or a sharp contour depending on your skin tone. Due to shade discrepancies, I might consider to put this up for sale on my blog but I am a little attached to it. Perhaps I will repurchase in a lighter shade to fully enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment