Monday, July 22, 2013

Clinique 3 Step System Review


Sorry for being gone for so long but my summer is kind of all over the place right now. It's supposed to be the time of the year when I have sufficient me time but it doesn't seem to be happening.
I am back with a review on a classic skincare system! I am somewhere between Skin Type II and III. It's not a pricy system but it's not exactly cheap either.


A lot of people with acne are recommended to use this system but I personally think this will only help those with breakouts due to improper cleansing i.e. clogged pores from makeup and irritated skin from over cleaning. If your skin problems are mainly hormone based (I'm talking about deep cysts and constant overwhelming break outs), I think this will be a waste of money.





Step 1: Cleanse

I got the Mild version which is designed for dry combination skin. I didn't want anything too harsh since I'm in between the two skin types. I love the convenience of the pump on a daily basis but once you get to the bottom, it can't bring up any of the product and there is still quite a bit left.
There is really nothing special about it. The foam and consistency of the face wash is on the thinner side and I personally prefer something with a bit more foam and creaminess.

Step 2: Exfoliate

I have used both Clarifying Lotion 3 and 4. I feel like #4 is more effective in terms of cleansing the pores and keeping the skin rather matte. It's not a bad product but it's not too memorable either.

Step 3: Moisturize

For this step, I chose the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. The Lotion felt way too greasy. I think this is the only product in this set that's really worth repurchasing. It balances the skin a little with continuous use and provides enough moisture for the warmer days. It's not as effective compared to my HG moisturizer but I feel that this does a better job of balancing the oil differences and keeping things calm. It's very refreshing to use but it tasks a while for everything to be absorbed.
It has that typical Clinique smell from the ingredients which I'm not exactly crazy about but it doesn't really bother me since all their products are designed to be more or less scentless. I think this is a great moisturizer for the price and you get a huge bottle that will last you a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment