Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Eve Lom Mineral Foundation Brush Review: Sigma F80 Comparison


My all purpose Sigma F80 was really falling apart so I got my hands on the Eve Lom Mineral FOundation Brush when I bought their wonderful mineral foundation (see review here) from Barney's. These densely packed synthetic brushes are a must have in my everyday routine. They provide quick application and can allow me to easily build up flawless coverage.


My original choices also included the brushes from Shiseido, Dior Backstage and Koh Gen Do. The Shiseido one appeared to be too dense and better suited for liquid applications whereas I tend to use powders on a daily basis. The Dior one has a really long handle which can make traveling a bit difficult and finally the Koh Gen Do one seemed perfect. It's just out of convenience that I grabbed the Eve Lom one but thus far, I am really pleased with it.


This brush is rather lightweight and has a beautiful brushed gold finish. To be honest, the craftsmanship is a notch down from Tom Ford and Hakuhodo which is the rumored supplier of the former. But for the price, it's not baad at all. The synthetic fibers are surprisingly soft, almost like real hair. 


After a few washes, everything remained exactly the same whereas the Sigma started to change after the second wash. For comparison, the Eve Lom brush is a bit taller and wider than the Sigma but then again, I've used the Sigma for about three years. It has shed a ton thus it may appear to be narrower nowadays.

Left: Sigma, Right: Eve Lom

The reason that I did not repurchase a Sigma is that not only does the brush shed a few fibers, it also sheds by chunks. I also wanted something a bit softer since I was getting spoiled by my Tom Ford face brushes. The Eve Lom one fits the bill perfectly.

Left: Eve Lom, Right: Sigma
This brush is perfect for mineral foundation, pressed powder foundation and also great for liquids. It has  completely replaced the Sigma's position as a staple in my collection. One thing to note is that I do wish it came with some sort of reusable brush guard of its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment