Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chanel Les 4 Ombres in 41 Fascination Review



It's been a while since I shared any eye makeup updates. Following the great Mystere (43) purchase, I decided to expand my collection of Chanel quads and got something that is on the grey and blue side. Blues and greys make a great combination and it's something I wear on a regular basis (no vibrant blues) other than browns and taupes.




I had a hard time trying to capture the colors of this compact. It's very intricate and multidimensional, especially the color in the top left corner. It looks quite different in various lighting but the one above is more or less what it looks like most of the time.


The top color is a very pale grey-blue, the second color appears much darker in this photo than usual but it's a very interesting light blue with micro golden shimmer giving it a teal tint, the third is a gunmetal grey that has a bit of a blue tint (my favorite kind), and lastly, a dark rich teal.

Blended
All the colors are finely milled and pigmented as are most Chanel shadows. One slight disappointment is that these do not last as long on the skin as the Mystere palette but that is kind of expected since browns and whatnots wear nicely throughout the day whereas blues require a bit more attention and maintenance. However, I do have to say that I do not use eyeshadow primers on a daily basis and these last longer than most other blue/green eyeshadows I own. I do wish that the grey was bit darker since I like to wear it as eyeliner and a bit more pigmentation will definitely make it more long-lasting. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this palette and the colors are much more wearable than you think. This will be much loved this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment