Friday, November 22, 2013

Incoco Stick On Nail Polish Review: Easy Manicure at Home!


I am a rather lazy person when it comes to coloring my finger nails. Toe nails are quick and easy to do. My actions are a lot less restrained when waiting for all the coats to dry. I just prefer to keep them well trimmed. However, the holiday season is approaching and I want to look like as if I have time to take care of myself. These dry nail stickers are the cheaper alternative to a proper manicure.


Unfortunately, I forgot to take some pictures of the different ones I've used but the good news is there are quite a few online. I have used both the French Designs and Nail Designs, and I have to say, I had a horrible experience with the french nail stickers. The french look suits my everyday wardrobe like no other and I'm constantly looking for an easy yet long lasting way to do it. This is clearly not the answer. You have to apply the tips first and then cover everything with the sheer sticker. This creates an unusually large bump and makes the entire set extremely prone to peeling. It lasted threes days before things started falling apart and looking like a mess. Also, the curve of the tips are a bit too straight and do not match my natural ones. My french manicure ended up looking extremely tacky.

The regular nails designs are absolutely wonderful. My favorite so far is Behind the Scenes. I love the intricate nail design that shows more variation than the Sally Hansen one. It lasts around 2 weeks depending on your habits. I did make the mistake of applying a layer of clear coating on top which caused the stickers to peel from the sides. Unlike most other polish stickers, this comes with a protective top coat.

One thing to note about the application is that I really do not enjoy filling the sides and tips off to match the nails. It's just not a clean break and I'm a little paranoid about having perfect nails. It's not obvious at all at the tips once you've mastered the pull off motion but the sides are a bit more tricky. I rather pick a sticker that's a little bit too small than one that covers everything but goes over the sides.

What I like:

  • Wide selection of colors and designs (but would love to see more!)
  • Long lasting
  • Clean & mess free application
  • Each package includes all the tools you need, even the remover


What I don't like:

  • Hard to find
  • A bit difficult to remove, need to soap nails a little
  • Application involves filing


I will be trying out Twinkling Lights for this party season!

No comments:

Post a Comment