Sunday, June 30, 2013

Estee Lauder DayWear Anti-Oxidant Creme Oil-Free Review


I am a big fan of Estee Lauder skincare. Quite a few of my staples are all made by them so I figured I can't really go wrong with their other ranges. Since I am getting older, a good day time antioxidant is becoming more and more of an necessity. I wanted something that will protect my skin from the elements while providing good moisture.



Just for your reference, the full name is DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Oil-Free Broad Spectrum SPF 25. Extremely long and boring but basically tells you everything you need to know about its features. There is a non oil free version but I figured that it's safer with oil free since my skin can easily break out when using any sort of new things.

Anti-oxidizing, sun protection, oil free. That sounded like the perfect moisturizer I was looking for. To my disappointment, it did not feel as nice as I wished. Even though this is an oil free formulation, it felt a bit heavy on the skin and left a tiny bit of oily residue. I suppose this won't really be evident in the winter but it's kind of obvious in the summer. Personally it's not a big deal but I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily skin. What does bother me is the level of moisture the cream provides. Maybe I've been spoiled by my holy grail moisturizer, but this just doesn't seem to provide enough moisture for my skin. I understand that this is a cream instead of a gel so performance might be a little lacking but I can't be bothered to use a moisturizing serum first and then apply this on top. I am a busy person and time saving products are kind of necessary.

It has a very faint cucumber/sun screen scent. It's rather hard to describe and I don't think it's an artificial scent they added in. I believe most people won't mind it but I think it's worth mentioning if you are really sensitive to smells in skincare products.



What I like:

  • Anti-oxidizing
  • Sun protection
  • Oil free
  • Doesn't break me out at all


What I don't like:

  • Not moisturizing enough
  • Not lightweight enough
  • Left a little bit of greasy residue - especially evident during summer

I expected something a little better for the price and for Estee Lauder. I'm sure that it has great anti-oxidizing properties and SPF protection for regular day time. That's kind of the selling point for me but the way the moisturizer feels on my skin just doesn't stand out. I love the concept but do not love the product. It's nothing bad, just average. However, Estee Lauder should be above average.

No comments:

Post a Comment