Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tom Ford Blush in Frantic Pink Review

I've never been much of a blush girl but I've decided to change my look a little by playing around with a natural girly brush for a refreshing spring look.

Frantic Pink is a soft pink with a touch of peach. It's quite a tame color option so I'm not sure why it has such a name. The blush comes in the beautiful purple mahogany colored Tom Ford case with gold details. A lovely mirror is also included in the magnetic compact. I really don't like how some companies exclude them since I'm always on the go. The compact does come in a brown pouch but it's quite flimsy. Tom Ford's outer box packaging along with its pouches are surprisingly disappointing for its price range.

The texture of the blush is ideal. It's soft, velvety and finely milled. The blending is super easy and you don't have to worry about looking patchy. Since I didn't want a heavily pigmented blush, I can't say that  this particular shade is very pigmented but some of the darker shades definitely are.

In the pan

As you can see in the blended out swatch, the blush has a subtle sheen to it that gives you a healthy and natural glow without emphasizing your pores. I love that this blush is not shiny or matte but somewhere in between. It also wears for a long time and can easily last up to 8 hours. A stronger hand will probably prolong the wear.

Top to Bottom: Heavily swatched, blended out

Overall, this blush does exactly what I wanted it to and has become essential in creating my current spring looks. It works great with its matching brush from Tom Ford but also applies well with other blush brushes.

Available at Saks ($55)

No comments:

Post a Comment