Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cass Invisibellas Amp Dress in Nude Review

Courtesy of Cass

It's surprisingly hard to find a nude slip with a low cut front and back for the summer. I really wanted one to wear underneath see-through dresses and to smooth the underwear lines. Finally got my hands on this piece last week and did a full day worth of testing.


I'm not very experienced with shapewear or slips but they really do make a difference if you have a sheer dress or a little bump that you want to smooth out. I didn't want anything strapless or one of those high waisted brief things because they do slip and will start to feel weird half way through the day. I originally wanted a open bust slip to give my boobs some more room but non of them seemed to have a low cut back.

The amp dress claims to support a bust up to a D cup. I am a 34DD and trust me, a D will not be supported by this dress for sure. Because I'm tall and that my breasts are large than the average woman's my size, I found the straps/chest area to be a little small (I got this in S/M). I find myself adjusting the bust area by pulling it down a bit further to prevent the squashed boob look. However, I do love the low cuts in the front and back, making it suitable to wear underneath almost all of my thick strapped dresses. The short length is also a plus however, be aware that it does ride up if you walk too fast.


Love the low back!

Keep in mind that this product is a supposed to be a shapewear piece rather than a simple slip and this is where it really disappointed me. It claims to be of medium control but there are close to no effects on my body. The breathable side panels makes the control on your sides non existent. The control panel down the center doesn't seem to do much for me either.

Courtesy of Bliss
The good this is that the material feels comfortable against the skin and it prevents some of my wrap dresses from slipping open at the neck due to the resistance the slight texture provides.


Textured side panels

This specific version is only available online at Cass and Bliss. I wish more people would stock it so that the $98 might go down due to different sales. I would suggest to wait for a Bliss deal.
Bottom line, if you really want a low cut slip in both the front and back, this is it. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment