Friday, May 24, 2013

Biotherm Aquasource Gel and Cream-Gel Review: My HG Moisturizers!


Since the weather is getting warmer, I feel that it's an appropriate time to share with you guys a skincare item that I've been using for more than 8 years. I've tried various products during this time but I always find myself going back to this. It's the one skincare item I cannot live without.


I absolutely love this product and I cannot say enough good things about it. In order for this review to make sense, please refer to my skin legend so that you can have a basic idea of my skin type and issues. Please keep in mind that skincare is one of those highly individualized things. What might work for me might not work for you. I would also suggest to get some deluxe sized samples to try for a few days.

I have combination skin so I tend to use the aqua colored collection. They also offer a pink range targeted towards dry skin. I generally use the gel version all year and switch to the cream-gel in the winter if I feel that the weather is a bit harsh. They have changed the formulation two or threes times over the years and I love the current one the most. The gel is lightweight and extremely cooling upon application. It has a faint floral-fruity spa fragrance which I believe most people would enjoy. A little tip for the summer: place your jar into the fridge and you will feel incredibly fresh on a hot summer day.

What I Love:
  • Super moisturizing
  • Non greasy
  • Absorbs immediately
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Within a reasonable price range
  • Feels super fresh
  • Keeps my skin soft
  • Minimal ingredients:
    • no paraben
    • no mineral oil

What I Don't Like:
  • No SPF version
  • No anti-oxidants
  • Heavy glass jar is inconvenient for travel
Over the years, I've tried almost every hydration gel product out there and this is still my favorite. Perhaps I will write a post with brief overviews of the other options later on. I highly recommend to go and try this out. I think it's a great summer replacement for your regular moisturizer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment