Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Top 3 Nude Lipsticks

Courtesy of Bing
Nude lips have been my everyday go-to look for some years now. They make you lips look so delicate and juicy while bring out the beauty of your eyes. Choosing a right nude lipstick takes some time for it depends on your skin tone, overall makeup colors, the type of look you want and so much more. There is just a lot of room for variation. After trying out various selections, here are the three that I find myself using the most, hence the survivors from my clean up.



Top to Bottom: YSL Rouge Volupte #7 Lingerie Pink, YSL Rouge Pur Couture #6 Rose Bergamasque, MAC Lipstick in Creme d'Nude
Please keep in mind that these swatches look a little darker than they would appear on the lips.



Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in #7 Lingerie Pink ($34) - pretty pastel pink

  • Super creamy, slips a little
  • Not very long lasting
  • Shows dryness if lips are not prepped
  • Blue toned pastel pink
  • For my girly days


Yves Saint Laurent Pur Couture in #6 Rose Bergamasque ($34) - my everyday nude

  • Perfect rosy nude for simple day looks
  • Lightweight
  • Relatively long lasting
  • Average hydration


MAC Lipstick in Creme d'Nude ($15) - best pale nude

  • Peachy light nude
  • Doesn't wash me out
  • Shows dryness if lips are not prepped
  • Slightly below average hydration
  • Creamsheen:
    • Nice subtle glossy finish
    • A bit heavy & thick due to old formula

No comments:

Post a Comment